Management/Scientific Advisory Board
Vasthera’s management team has an excellent record of decades of experience in cell signaling and preclinical studies,
as well as IP R&D and drug development.
- SangWon Kang, Ph.D.,
Chief Executive Officer
- He is currently a professor of Life Science in Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea. He received his PhD in
biochemistry major of Yonsei University. Since he began to study mammalian redox signaling system as postdoctoral
fellow in NIH, USA., he has produced many outstanding achievements in the field of redox-dependent cell signaling
until now. He founded the Vasthera based on his discovery in vascular cell signaling system.
- YongSoon Ahn,
Chief Operating Officer
- Mr. Ahn served as the Executive Officer in Sanofi Pasteur for eight years. Then, Mr. Ahn served as a project manager in
Korea Intellectual Property Strategy Agency and as a group leader in Patent Law Firm. He is a co-founder of Vasthera.
Scientific Advisory Board
- Liu-lan Shen, Ph.D.,
- Dr. Shen is the Chief Executive Office of Smartbiopharm Co. LTD. a drug manufacturing company specialized for chemistry, manufacturing,
and control (CMC).
- KiHwan Kwon, M.D., Ph.D.,
- Dr. Kwon is the professor of cardiovascular department in the School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea and serves as
clinician in the University Hospital.